RNZ has 23 nominees across 25 categories at this year’s NZ Podcast Awards.
The national broadcaster has been nominated in the category of best publisher, while other nominations include OCW, TRANSparent, Elephant, Crimes NZ and Whakamāori.
Winners will be announced on 13 December.
Executive producer, series & podcasts, Tim Watkin, said the nominations came at the end of a tough year for those working in media.
“I’m thrilled on behalf of the RNZ Podcasts team and all the independent producers we work so closely with,” he said.
“After a tough year that has stretched so many in the media, this is a great round of applause for the story-telling chops of our podcasters and a sign that RNZ is still home to New Zealand’s best podcasts”.
RNZ nominations are:
- Best Arts & Culture – Voices
- Best Current Affairs – The Detail
- Best doco – Hair & Loathing, Let’s Be TRANSparent, The Elephant in the Bedroom
- Best Education: Whakamāori
- Best Factual – Our Changing World
- Best Family – Best of Storytime, News2Me
- Best Fiction: Devil’s Trumpet
- Best Health & Wellbeing: Eating Fried Chicken in the Shower, Let’s Be TRANsparent (re-covering from our friends at Love It Media)
- Best History – Eyewitness
- Best Māori or Pasifika – The Elephant in the Bedroom, Whakamāori
- Best Radio podcast – Nine to Noon
- Best Sex & Relationships: The Elephant in the Bedroom
- Best True Crime – Crimes NZ
- Spotlight: Crimes NZ
- Climate Award: Our Changing World
- Rising Star: Kadambari Gladding, Joe Stockhausen
- Best Publisher: RNZ